Saturday, January 14, 2012

Munruthel Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the project these days?

Currently my new Pagan Metal album called “CREEDamage” is on mixing stage. All instruments were already recorded and edited. Album has two versions: in Russian and English languages. It is planned to be released in Summer 2012 by Svarga Music.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?

If to talk about the newest album “CREEDamage”: it is high-quality produced Pagan Metal with ambient fragments, epic symphonic arrangements, some folklore melodies and vocals. Many musicians from different bands and even countries took part in it. Guitars riffs are very strong and mighty because we’re decided to use low “C note” tuning, but beautiful orchestral melodies do the album’s sound complete, rich and less aggressive.

3. I have read that the new recording is a soundtrack to  avideo game, can you tell us a little bit more about the game, I am not that familiar with the newer games myself?

In December 2011 my 4th album “The Dark Saga – Original Soundtrack” was released by Dutch Blazing Production. Yes, it is a soundtrack for a mod to computer game Gothic II. I composed and recorded music for all gameplay locations such as: Ancient Ruins, Hunters’ Camp, Pirates’ Bay and others. Every track is a recital of place and it’s inhabitants; it shows the atmosphere and character of game location. The dark places with dead inhabitants have the sombre ambient/noise sounds. The Lair with Orks has heavy orchestral brass theme, other camps have beautiful sympho-ambient music. But I can’t say anything about the game itself because I have no time for playing. I’m composer, not the gamer (.

4. I have noticed that each album has a different sound are you going to continue with this concept on future recordings as well?

My new album “CREEDamage” includes themes for both groups of Munruthel’s art fans: Metal and Ambient. I think all new Munruthel’s albums will continue this tradition since I’m not interested to play purely metal music.

5. You have recorded both black metal albums and dark ambient albums, which style do you prefer and how would you compare the 2 genres and also will there be any black metal  on  future  recordings?

Firstly I want to point out that there’s no Black Metal in my albums. Real true Black Metal is not a kind of music, it’s a deathly and satanic ideology. Yes, I used scream vocals, but this doesn’t mean that it is a Black Metal. Munruthel always played Pagan Ambient/Folk Metal music which is surely against christianity! My music is not a weapon of Death, my music is a source of ancient triumph of Life! I like equally both pagan metal and electronic atmospheric ambient. But most of all I like symphonic music.

6. Currently you are signed to Blazing Productions, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?

Svarga Management takes care of all my releases currently and they have agreed with Blazing Productions for this release. The support of this label is outstanding, I really appreciate it! But that’s all what I can say, for details you have to ask directly Svarga Management.

7. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance and also are there any plans in the future to use live musicians again and do a show?

I’m interested only in studio work. I‘ve played very many gigs with other projects and bands as session drummer, but now I am totally tired of live performances. I would like to listen to forest bird singing but not the roar of crowd beneath the stage. And it’s truth (

8. You have recorded both solo and with musicians which one do you prefer?

Munruthel was always a one-man project. Invited musicians have just played the parties which I wrote for them because I cannot be good to play on all instruments. I like to work alone because nobody and nothing can’t distract me from my ideas.

9.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Munruthel?

Munruthel is something like “Moonrising”. The Moon has leading role in my life and my spirit. It’s a planet in my Zodiac sign. I dedicated to Mother-Moon some of my music and lyrics. I’ve nothing to say more…

10. On a worldwide level how has your new album been received by both fans of black metal and dark ambient?

Many of Black Metal fans like symphonic/soundtrack music. And many of them are writing to me letters for buying my new CD. For me it’s a new step in my art, the new level of my musical creativity. It’s a first CD when Munruthel is not a project, not a band, but a Composer!

11. What is going on with the other projects these days?

I have recorded drums for new albums of THUNDERKRAFT (industrial folk death metal) and TRIGLAV (medieval European folk-metal) bands. And I work at my own MoonHome Studio on the second album of my world music project KOLO.

12. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?

General idea for Munruthel is a Mother-Nature protection! It begun in 1995 and continue at these days. And will be in the future. Now it is a great problem for me. Album “CREEDamage”, that I mix now in my studio, have lyrics about Nature.

13. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Now I work in my own studio. I’m recording and mixing many different bands and listening to their music everyday. When I have pause in my work I prefer silence, not the music. When I was young and used to hear very much of a music, I liked different styles and bands such as: Jean Michel Jarre, Enigma, Pink Floyd, Tiamat, The Gathering, Metallica, Slayer, Bathory, Wagner, Stravinsky, Prokofyev etc.

14. What role does Slavic Paganism play in your music and views and also do you have any interest in any other forms of paganism or occultism?

Every note in my music is reflection of Slavic Paganism, my understanding of the World. Some bands create music and lyrics about Gods, but in a real life they are casual people, atheists. They do it because Pagan Metal is a popular music nowadays. I really know the Power of Slavonic Gods and I ready to fight with them against christian plug! I’m searching the Truth and I’m interested in other pagan religions and occultism. I found many common things between European cultures and religions. It helps me to understand Who Am I and What is The Universe!

15.Outside of music what are some of your interests?

The family, children, tourism, photo, video, reading.

16. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Stay true to yourself!!! TV, Radio, Internet are just the phantoms of electricity… Nature and You – thats the only Reality!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Homepage
Myspace
VKontakte

No comments:

Post a Comment