Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Darkness Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Hails, M is answering!
Well the band now is a lethargic state, after that Mayhem decided to stop playing drums, he decided to stop his musical activity for a while, so I don't know if he will still be part of the band, so actually Darkness is only me.
I'm waiting for new inspiration and I'll dedicate the next efforts to the promotion of "Anti Human Life" through labels, distro's and our contacts, so nothing new in particular...

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous  releases?
"Anti Human Life" is fucking primitive Black Metal! Probably the Darkness' most brutal assault 'till now!
It differs from the previous releases for his extreme attitude, the previous songs had a "melodic" and classical approach, including some solo's and harmonies; "Anti Human Life" is Fucking Primitive Metal.
You can check what I mean in the cd too as the first part is formed by the new minicd and the second one is the very first demo from 2001. If you listen to it you'll keep immediately what I mean.
The sound is still raw as hell as it's one of the trademarks of the band.
About next releases...I don't know if I will keep this direction, I play what I want and feel at the recording moment, so, time will tell...

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
The usual topics of a Black-Death Metal band: war, destruction, death, suicide, killings and in particular the war against the monotheistic plagues!
The motto of the Darkness lyrics is "Darkness wants you dead"!

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Darkness, in his immensity, vaquity and terrible emptiness, but also in the sense of blind violence toward all! The inspiration is a destructive and self destructive energy that I try to express in lyrics and music.
Darkness express all my negativity toward the modern world!
I know that there are other bands with the same name, but I don't care, because Darkness is the perfect name for the music of this band!

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Darkness never played live, it was born as a studio band since the beginning, because we were very involved in other bands.
The basic line up was me and Mayhem (ex The True Endless), then we had other people too, like Brumy, Soulfucker (from The True Endless) and Psychostef (from Psychofagist), but they've been session members only, there's not a proper line up for live gigs.
I don't know if Darkness will play live one day, but with the right conditions...who knows?

6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
As I told you before Darkness is a studio band, so there are no planned tours...

7. The new album came out on Satanic Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
I've been contacted by Satanic Records one year ago, he wanted to release one of the bands in which I play, so at this time there was "Anti Human Life" ready, I sent him a promo and he liked it immediately offering the deal!
Later we choose together to add the "Let The Napalm Rain" demo as a bonus.
The cd has been printed in 1000 handnumbered copies, 200 comes with an embroidered patch included and 50 t-shirts have been printed too!
Satanic Records made lot of flyers and is working hard to distribute the cd in the best way.
So, I am very satisfied by his work and I think we will collaborate soon again for another release!

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to the new album by black metal fans?
The album has been just released so I wait to check the reaction of fans, distributors, labels and magazines!
Actually the few people who grab this piece of evilness liked it a lot!
Maybe they needed some raw-real sound in this world filled of plastic!

9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
As you probably knows I have several projects: Opera IX is preparing a new dvd, new gigs and new songs for the next album, The True Endless is preparing new gigs and new songs and in the meantime the new album will be released by Aphelion Productions within the next month(s). I already finished to record the new Skoll album, I have some new A Forest songs to end up and I will record the new Torvara too, sooner or later!
So there's lot of work done and even more to do, but I will do it!

10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
As told some answers before I don't know if Darkness will continue in this brutal way or if it will take back the thrash influences, I just can assure you that it will be always raw and primitive!

11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I have been influenced by all the old school bands like (early) Mayhem, Beherit, (early) Bathory, (early) Impaled Nazarene, Sodom, S.D.I., (early) Sepultura, Darkthrone, and many more...
I think that the two covers on the album ("Raise The Dead" from Bathory and "Ghoul" from Mayhem) speak better than any word about influences and listening...
I like to listen at many kind of music (from classical to grind core), but for the most is Black and Death Metal.

12. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
They are very important, but I don't follow any path, I have my own one as I'm a proud individualistic and don't want to have chiefs and heads over me.
I take lot of inspiration from Occultism (more than Satanism), but always in the brutal way, the Darkness purpose is the destruction of monotheistic plagues and of the 93% of mankind!

13.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I am very interested by arts (from drawing and painting to photography and digital stuff, in carving wood,bones and horns and leather work) and ancient mythologies.
All in all I am very normal and common person in my ordinary life...so nothing interesting concerning Darkness.

14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanx a lot for your great support review and interview, the Underground needs people like you!
To all the readers, contact me if you are into Black-Death Metal here: huginnproduction@libero.it!
Support the Underground!
Horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment