Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Labyrinth Entrance Interview



1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Labyrinth Entrance this is everything what I esteem in metal music. Emotions, expression, message, honesty - without any frames, no pigeonholing, no compromises.



2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

It's hard to say and answer this question, because this album has been very personal to me and I created it during the hard and black period of my life. While recording this album, I practically didn't have any assumptions concerning the sound. When I entered Studio I had only skeletons of songs which have been composed for single guitar. Then I tried to guide Darek Grabowski to my visions and his task was mainly to find the most appropriate sound. I was just recording individual parts seeking for the moment when the certain passage has already sounded properly. Darek is a genius, so at the end of a day it turned out fuckin' great for me.



3.According to the fb page you label your music as 'passive black metal', can you tell us a little bit more about this term?

The definition "Passive Black Metal" went up spontaneously and that's my answer to the currently trendy 'hipsters' approach to the music. Black Metal was created in very specific atmosphere and was one of  the most mysterious species of metal music. Today, youths from so called good homes set up a band, play jazz passages, dress face-covering-hoods, light incenses and invent crazy articles: post-, new-, etc. Therefore, I decided to use this definition deliberately with contrariness, in order to show that I am totally in opposition to all this naming etc. which I assume as complete bullshit. I am aware that in my music you will find evenly black, death, grind and heavy metal, but I do not surround myself with the aura of fictional mystery and I do not pose that I am a visionary.



4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?

I wanted to create a specific climate that would reflect my attitude to the subject of death. Anxiety and helplessness that accompany the feeling of transience.All lyrics are based on Dante's "Hell". When creating music I wanted to keep consistent concept, and although the pieces differ significantly from each other, both the lyrics and the entire cover-art create a certain vision of the  Hell's description contained in the Divine Comedy. Also the sound of the album is very consistent and gives uniform character to the whole.



5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Labyrinth Entrance'?

Labyrinth Entrance - My music is just the Labyrinth - you enter on your own and I do not promise that you will leave it.. You will find surprise, pain, fear, suffering.. but also many beautiful and real sensations await you inside.



6.With this project you record everything by yourself but also have experience playing in other bands , how would you compare the two?

In each of the bands I play I find other emotions and I express myself differently. Stillborn is kind of concert Legion of Death, we enter the arena in three and play fuckin' show for the Devil! we do not take prisoners.  In Horror Of Naatu I pay homage to the school of  Death Metal from Florida. Typical old school scum. Right now we are preparing with the drummer to record a new album. At LE, I release all the black thoughts swirling in my head, I have not defined any frames or genre boundaries, so I compose only that stuff which I am convinced in 100%. I never make music by forcing things. I have to feel music all by myself.



7.The new album was released by 'Godz Of War Productions' which also has your other band 'Stillborn' on the same label, do you feel this label has been very helpful to you and your other musical project?

GOW is currently No. 1 among publishing stables in Poland, at least when it comes to the relation of really good music and commitment. Greg is a veteran and professional: he exactly knows what he wants, esteems his value, carefully selects team members and releases only what he is 100% convinced of. He was the first person who listen to the material and it stayed that way. I am aware that my record differs significantly from the mainstream of GOW, but in our life we have to move forward, so I think that both, Greg and me will get the good experiences coming out of this cooperation.



8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

I do not address my album only to BM fans. I welcome everyone who draws energy from the music. When we are limited to only one species we will not drive too far. Despite the fact that metal is my whole life, I am not an orthodox and I listen to many other genres.



9.What is going on with some of your other musical projects and bands these days?

Answer point 6



10.Where do you see yourself heading into as musician in the future?



I do not think about the future. The world is slowly dying out and human life becomes less and less steady, less predictable. I make only short plans - up to a year ahead. In 2018 I would like to record 2 albums - Horror and Labyrinth.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



I grew up in very musical family, where the music was always high in the range of priorities. I started listening to metal at the age of eight, so generally it's been with me all my life. The most beautiful in music is that despite the fact that practically everything in music has already been recorded, new unexplored spaces are still being created and every few years we notice this wonderful renaissance of one of the genres. I would not write nonsense as many artists do and would not say that every day I hardly listen to metal and would not mention some avant-garde musicians being my inspiration... because it is always the opposite. I listen a lot metal - because without metal it is impossible to live.  The new things that I value for example: Khthoniik Cerviiks, Ensnared, Cruciamentum or Blood Incantation. We do not talk about classic ones.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I invite everybody to listen to Monumental Bitternes and hope that you will find your way out of the labyrinth.

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment